This antioxidant summer salad is filled with sweet peaches, tangy blue cheese, tart dried cherries and nutty walnuts combined with the bite of the red onion, which makes this salad a joy to eat. Serve this up at your next dinner party.
Antioxidant Summer Salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups ancient grains
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2–3 whole ripe peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 3–4 cups arugula
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tbsp balasmic
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix dressing ingredients in a mason jar or small bowl until emulsified.
- Add salad ingredients to large bowl and toss. Dress salad with honey balsamic just prior to serving.
Could swap the blue cheese for another soft cheese, preferably with pungent flavor or texture. Walnuts can be toasted for extra flavor. If gluten free, you can use quinoa for ancient grains. I used Trader Joe’s Harvest Blend.
Keywords: Antioxidant summer salad, Antioxidant salad, summer salad