These BBQ chicken meatballs are delicious, healthy and can be made in under 30 minutes. They are freezable and dairy free!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tbsp worcestershire
- 1 tbsp EVOO + more for pan frying
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp breadcrumbs (GF if necessary)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Garnish: Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F and prepare a greased baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, worcestershire, one tablespoon olive oil, breadcrumbs and egg. Mix to combine.
- Roll ground chicken mixture into small meatballs. This recipe makes about 15 meatballs.
- Place each meatball on the baking sheet and bake at 425F for 15 minutes. After timer is up, option to pan fry for crispy edge in olive oil or other cooking oil over medium high heat.
- After crispy edges are obtained, pour in half cup of BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Panko or regular breadcrumbs will work for this recipe. You can substitute gluten free breadcrumbs as needed.
Optional to pan fry for crispiness, but I really enjoyed the texture and flavor.
If you want to freeze these meatballs, you can store in an air tight container or zip lock bag without the BBQ sauce on them.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Entree
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken meatballs, bbq chicken meatballs, baked chicken meatballs, barbecue meatballs