This breakfast strata with croissants is the perfect breakfast casserole to wake up with. The soft buttery pillars of the croissants paired with the sharp cheddar cheese make you think you're eating a breakfast sandwich in a casserole dish.
- 9 whole eggs, beaten
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup bacon, chopped (about 4-5 strips, I used turkey bacon)
- 4 ounces gruyere (mozzarella, white cheddar or pepper jack would also work), shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- About 10 croissants (already made), pulled in half
- Garnish: fresh chives, chopped
- Whisk eggs, milk, dijon and garlic together in a large bowl. Add in half of cheese and bacon.
- Lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking oil. Preheat oven to 350F. Place the halved croissants in the bottom of the casserole dish with some ends upright.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants and spread ingredients out evenly throughout the casserole dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes covered with foil. After 35 minutes, check the casserole to make sure the eggs are cooked through. Cook for longer if needed.
- Garnish with chives and enjoy!
If you want to make this breakfast strata the night before, mix together the egg mixture but do not add the egg mixture to the croissants. The croissants will become too soggy.
- Category: breakfast, casserole
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast strata, breakfast strata recipe, breakfast strata with croissants, breakfast casserole recipe