This carrot cake bread loaf is a tasty spring treat. It's topped with cream cheese frosting thats infused with orange zest which elevates the brightness of the bread.
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 brick (4 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- Garnish: Walnuts and more orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, add in Greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Once combined, pour into dry ingredients.
- After dry and wet ingredients are mixed together, add in shredded carrots and raisins.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick runs clear.
- While the bread is baking, make the frosting by placing cream cheese in a glass or microwavable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Add in powdered sugar and orange zest. Mix together until no clumps appear. Place in the refrigerator until bread has finished cooking.
- Once the bread has finished cooking, allow to cool for 10 minutes until spreading frosting on top. Top frosting with chopped walnuts and more orange zest.
- Best if consumed immediately but can store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Microwave for 30 seconds (max)
- You can sub all purpose flour for white whole wheat flour but add another 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- You can use 0% Greek yogurt, but I like 2% or higher because it increases the moisture of the bread.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake bread, carrot cake loaf