This chicken caesar pasta salad is quick, easy and full of protein. It stays well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, making it great for meal prep or batch cooking!
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts (~2–3 cups of chicken) cubed
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded, dark green parts only
- 1 cup croutons, optional to crush them
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces pasta (half a box) I used penne
- 1 batch of this homemade healthier caesar dressing or use 1 cup store bought caesar dressing
- Boil the pasta and cook to package instructions, drain water and rinse to cool pasta down.
- Make the salad dressing in an immersion blender or regular blender and pour into a large bowl. Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Next, add in the shredded lettuce, cooked chicken breasts and parmesan cheese. Mix to fully incorporate.
- Lastly, add in croutons and mix to combine.
If you don’t like using whole croutons you can smash about a cup of croutons in a plastic bag and mix them in.
- Category: Salad, entree, pasta
- Method: boiling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pasta salad, chicken caesar pasta salad, healthy chicken caesar