This chicken teriyaki marinade recipe is the ultimate answer for a tasty weeknight dinner. Pair the chicken teriyaki with a bed of brown rice and stir fry vegetables for a satisfying healthy meal.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (coconut aminos or GF substitute if needed)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger (or 1 tbsp fresh)
- 2 large chicken breasts (~1–2 lb)
Pair it with…
- 2 packages of frozen stir fry vegetables, defrosted and water drained
- 1–2 cups cooked brown rice (or cauliflower rice)
- Garnish: Scallions & sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a gallon size freezer bag. Place chicken breast in zip lock bag with marinade.
- Marinate chicken breasts from 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- After marinating, place chicken in a sauté pan with sauce. Cook on medium heat, flipping chicken breast over after 3-4 minutes. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes on medium/low heat and place lid on sauté pan. Adjust your heat lower if you notice the sauce starting to burn. You want the chicken to caramelize with sauce.
- Continue to cook the chicken and move the chicken breasts around so it continues to absorb the pan sauce. The whole process should take around 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F, turn off heat and let it rest for 3 minutes. Pour any additional pan sauce over the top of the chicken.
See above section for substitutions on vinegars and sugars in marinade.
Keywords: chicken teriyaki, chicken teriyaki recipe, teriyaki sauce recipe, teriyaki sauce, teriyaki chicken