This chickpea salad with pistachios and mint is a great vegetarian dish that’s full of protein and fiber for digestive support. It can be eaten in a sandwich, on crackers, in a lettuce wrap or out of the bowl.
- 2 cans chickpeas, 15.5 oz each
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp avocado mayo
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Garnish: Additional mint and pistachios
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in strainer. Once dried, place in a large bowl.
- Add in celery, raisins and red onion. Toss to combine
- In a small bowl, whisk together avocado mayo and lemon juice.
- Combine avocado and lemon with chickpea mixture and stir until chickpeas are coated with avocado mayo. Sprinkle in fresh mint and place bowl in refrigerator for 20 minutes to let the flavor merry.
- Option to garnish with additional mint and pistachios! Enjoy!
Keywords: chickpea salad, chickpea salad recipe, chickpea salad with mint, chickpea salad deli