Chopped Asian Salad is crunchy, full of plant protein, gluten free and vegan! Complete with a creamy peanut sauce that is easy to make and prepare for the week ahead.
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 bag coleslaw mix (cabbage, shredded carrots)
1 red onion, diced
1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
2 english cucumbers, quartered
3 cups cooked quinoa ( about 1 cup uncooked)
8 oz of brussel sprouts, roasted
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos if GF)
1/2 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
2 tablespoons of water (or more depending on desire for thickness of sauce)
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Combine spinach, coleslaw mix, cashews, cucumbers, red onion, quinoa and brussel sprouts in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for peanut sauce in a small bowl or mason jar. Shake jar or whisk to combine.
- Add sliced avocado and sauce prior to serving.
- Peanut sauce stores well in refrigerator for up to 10 days. It will thicken in the refrigerator, add more water to thin it out as desired.
- If vegan, sub agave nectar for honey.
Keywords: chopped asian salad