These crispy cauliflower bites with a yum yum sauce are sure to be a hit for your next appetizer or game day food! The cauliflower is baked to perfection and the hoisin yum yum sauce is so creamy and dreamy you will want more!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- EVOO or avocado oil
- ~1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Garnish with chopped green onions and/or sprinkle of smoked paprika or cayenne.
Hoisin Yum Yum Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2–3 tbsp water to thin
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, pour in a good amount of EVOO. In a separate bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Take a cauliflower floret and dip it into a bowl of EVOO, then dredge it through the seasoned panko breadcrumbs making sure the breadcrumbs stick to the cauliflower. Then place it on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, combine all the ingredients for the hoisin yum yum sauce in a bowl and use a spoon or whisk to combine.
- When the cauliflower bites are done, serve immediately with hoisin yum yum sauce. Optional to add more smoked paprika/cayenne and green onions.
If you do not want to take the time to individually dip each cauliflower floret into the oil then the panko mixture, you can combine all the cauliflower florets in a large plastic bag. Pour in ~1/4 cup of oil (may need more depending on size of cauliflower head) and then add in the seasoned panko breadcrumbs. Close the ziplock bag and toss to combine.
- Category: Appetizer, snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: cauliflower bites, yum yum sauce, crispy cauliflower bites