This crockpot vegetarian lasagna is noodle-less, low carb and filled with fiber. It's made in the slow cooker for easy prep and clean up!
- 28 ounce jar marinara sauce, I love Rao's
- 5-6 small zucchinis or 3-4 large ones, cut into 1/4th inch strips- easiest if using a mandolin slicer
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp pesto
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded for topping
- Garnish: basil leaves, sliced (optional)
- Slice the mushrooms and place in a small bowl with 1-2 heaping tablespoons of pesto. Toss them around in the bowl and set aside.
- Start the lasagna layers by covering the bottom of the crockpot with a thin layer of red sauce. See picture above for details.
- Next, layer some of the zucchini strips. You might have to cut some to make them fit. You want it to cover the red sauce.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese on top of the zucchini strips. Then add the pesto mushrooms and a handful of spinach leaves.
- Spoon some red sauce on top of the spinach leaves. Then top with more zucchini strips.
- Repeat this process two more times, ending with zucchini strips on top with some red sauce.
- Cook in the slow cooker with lid on, on high for 3-3.5 hours or low for 6. Turn to keep warm and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Allow to cool down before eating.
- This can be made the night before and placed in the refrigerator prior to cooking.
- If you do not have a mandolin slicer, you can cut the zucchini by hand in about quarter inch strips.
- If you do not have pesto on hand you may substitute 2 tbsp olive oil and some Italian seasoning with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- If you don't want use zucchini noodles, you can swap in regular lasagna noodles that are uncooked. They will cook just fine in this recipe.
- If you have more marinara sauce, totally fine. Personal preference on how much sauce you like in your lasagna.
- Would not recommend using frozen spinach.
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Method: Slow cooker, crockpot
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: vegetarian lasagna, noodle-less lasagna, slow cooker lasagna, crockpot lasagna, crockpot zucchini lasagna