These double chocolate chip cookies are so soft and chewy, you won’t want to stop eating them! They’re gluten free, eggless and dairy free!
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water (can substitute with 1 egg)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (coconut sugar is okay too)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if needed)
- Sprinkle of flaky sea salt to top
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a greased cookie sheet.
- Combine ingredients for flax egg (if using) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, brown sugar, maple syrup and flax egg (or regular egg if using). Mix to combine until no clumps appear.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and begin to mix the two. Once mixed, add in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out batter into small cookies (about 2 tbsp) and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for ~10-12 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove the cookies from the oven and immediately sprinkle sea salt on top. Transfer to baking rack to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe will make ~20-22 small cookies or 12 large cookies.
Keywords: double chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies, vegan double chocolate cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, eggless chocolate cookies