This greek chicken casserole is full of flavor and is a quick and easy weeknight dinner for the family.
- 1.5 cups orzo, uncooked
- 1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes with dried basil, garlic and oregano
- 6 oz feta, crumbled (about a cup)
- 1 big handful of fresh spinach
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Garnish with parsley, cracked black pepper and more crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook orzo in a pot of boiling water for ~8 minutes. Once finished, drain in a mesh colander and rinse with cold water. Place it in a large bowl
- In the same bowl as the orzo, add in feta, spinach and can of tomatoes. Mix to combine and pour into a casserole dish.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken broth over orzo mixture in the casserole dish. Place pieces of chicken on top then add lemon slices on top of that.
- Cover with aluminum foil or a lid and bake at 375F for 40 minutes.
- Let the casserole sit for 5-10 minutes before consuming to allow juices to absorb into the orzo. The first time you serve it, use a slotted spoon. The juices will absorb in the fridge over time.
- If you don't have chicken broth, substitute water instead.
- I would recommend the diced tomatoes with dried basil, garlic and oregano. If you cannot find it, just add in your own seasoning.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Entree, Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek American
Keywords: greek chicken casserole, chicken casserole