The ultimate hybrid of Summer to Fall baked goods, pumpkin zucchini muffins! These muffins are so easy to make and are healthy with greek yogurt and canned pumpkin.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed to remove moisture
- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Additional add-in’s: Chocolate chips, walnuts, dried cherries, pumpkin seeds, pecans or raisins.
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin tray with liners or cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, add all wet ingredients with the exception of the zucchini and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until uniform texture. Add in zucchini and additional add-in’s if you choose.
- Pour muffin mixture into the muffin tray until each hole is about 3/4 full or until the batter is gone.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick runs clean.
White flour or whole wheat can be subbed for the white whole wheat flour.
Vegan? Use dairy free yogurt and flax eggs. Sub chocolate chips for cacao nibs or dairy free chocolate chips.
These muffins are not as sweet with no additional add-in’s. For people that want them more sweet, I would suggest using dried cherries, chocolate chips or an additional sprinkling of sugar on top of the muffin just before baking it.
- Category: breakfast, snack, muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin zucchini muffins, pumpkin muffins, zucchini muffins, easy muffin recipe