This enchilada lasagna is stuffed with avocado cream, which gives it a pop of freshness and flavor. It can be made with corn tortillas or lasagna noodles for easy meal prep.
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil or EVOO
- pinch of salt
- 2, 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 18 corn tortillas (or a package of oven ready lasagna noodles)
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can whole kernal corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Mexican style)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare the avocado cream by blending the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, pour 1/4-1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom until it is covered. Layer the corn tortillas on top. It’s okay if they are overlapping.
- Next, spoon on the avocado cream layer on top of the corn tortillas. It should be a thick layer. Then add the shredded chicken, diced tomatoes with green chiles, black beans and canned corn. Top with 1/2-3/4 cup of cheese and another 1/4-1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Repeat layer of corn tortillas, avocado cream, chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes with green chiles then cheese and more enchilada sauce.
- For the final layer, top with corn tortillas, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and enchilada sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes covered with foil.
If using an 8×8 pan, you will have to do another layer before topping with tortillas, cheese and enchilada sauce.
Can use lasagna noodles in place of the corn tortillas.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Casserole
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Enchilada lasagna, enchilada lasagna with avocado cream, chicken enchilada casserole