Try these baked tortilla chips as a healthy tortilla chip alternative. You save almost half the salt and fat compared to the store bought kind. These healthy baked tortilla chips with an easy guacamole recipe are a one stop shop for the essentials you need at your next party.
Healthy Baked Tortilla Chips Recipe
8 corn tortillas
1/2 tsp salt
Easy Guacamole Recipe
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 serrano pepper, diced (optional)
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
S & P to taste
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 425F.
- On a cutting board, cut tortillas into 8 pieces like a pizza.
- Lay the tortillas on the sheet pan in a single layer. Do not let the pieces touch each other.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and lightly salt before putting them into the oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the tortillas crisp up. Every oven is different, check at 7 minutes and see if they need more time.
- Place on a wire drying rack after they are done cooking.
- While the tortilla chips are cooking, combine all ingredients for the guacamole in a bowl or large plate and press with a fork to mash.
A darker sheet pan will cook faster than a lighter one, adjust the cooking time as needed.
If you want to add lime juice, add it after you pull them out of the oven.
The wire drying rack does help make these chips extra crispy.
Depending on your oven, some will cook the chips towards the back of the baking sheet faster. If needed rotate the baking sheet halfway through.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: appetizer, side dish, snack
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Healthy Baked Tortilla Chips, Healthy tortilla chip alternative, Easy guacamole recipe