These healthy breakfast cookies are thick, chewy and full of flavor. They are high in whole grains, healthy fats and fiber. Great to pair with your morning coffee, protein shake or just a snack on the go!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (not old fashioned)(certified GF if necessary)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripened banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey (sub maple syrup or agave if vegan)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter, natural (can sub any other nut butter)
- Optional add ins: Chopped walnuts, dried cherries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, semi-sweet chocolate chips, dried blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a greased baking/cookie sheet.
- Combine all dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt) in a bowl a mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mash banana and add remaining wet ingredients (vanilla, honey, peanut butter).
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine. Add in walnuts, dried cherries, seeds, or other additional add in’s.
- On a greased baking sheet, form a ball with about 2 tbsp of batter, slightly flatten using fingers.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes at 350 or until the breakfast cookies are cooked through and a toothpick runs clear. Let them sit for at least 5 minutes before consuming.
See FAQ’s above.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy breakfast cookies, breakfast cookies, vegan breakfast cookies, easy breakfast cookies