This Healthy Holiday Granola is a great gift that is vegan, customizable and delicious. The perfect DIY Christmas gift that fits in a mason jar.
- 3 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
Option to add 1 cup dried fruit and 1 cup mixed nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a lined baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, rolled oats, spices and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in remaining wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until well coated.
- Pour granola onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes at 350F.
- While granola is cooking, option to cook slivered almonds, chopped walnuts or pecans over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes. Continuously stir being careful not to burn.
- Once the granola is done cooking, let it rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes to cook down and to harden.
- Add in toasted nuts, dried fruits of choices and other add-ins as desired.
See above notes for ideas for add-ins and tips for baking granola. Darker sheet pan will cook faster, so be mindful of the time
- Category: snack, breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy holiday granola, healthy holiday granola vegan and gluten free, holiday granola in mason jars