This Heart Healthy Trail mix makes about 15 servings, is low in sodium and high in antioxidants! Great for snacks or a road trip.
- 1 cup almonds (optional to roast them first)
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup dried apples
- 1/2 cup pepitas (( shelled pumpkin seeds) )
- 1/2 cup crumbled walnuts (( chopped or walnut pieces would work too) )
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Store in airtight container. Mason jars work well or individually bag them for pre-portioned out snacks for on-the-go.
- 1 portion = 1/4 cup
If you wanted to roast your almonds- place on single layer baking sheet and cook at 350 for 5 minutes. Remove- stir them around then place back in the oven for about 3 minutes. Be careful- they can burn very easily.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American, cardiac, heart healthy
Keywords: heart healthy trail mix