Made of tofu, nutritional yeast, hummus and chickpea noodles. This pasta bake is FULL of creamy plant based power! 20 grams of protein a serving.
- 8oz of chickpea pasta (I used Banza)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tomato, sliced fresh basil for garnish
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 8 oz firm tofu (or 1/2 brick, drained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Begin by boiling water for pasta and cook til al dente.
- Saute garlic until fragrant and add white onion over medium heat. Once translucent, add in mushrooms. After mushrooms are softened, add fresh spinach and turn off heat.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare the vegan cheese sauce by combining hummus, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, tofu, water and oil into a blender. Blend until smooth consistency.
- Pour vegetable mixture and drained cooked pasta into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour marinara sauce and toss until noodles are coated.
- Spoon vegan cheese overtop the pasta/vegetable mixture in the casserole dish. Place sliced tomato on top and bake for 20-25 minutes covered with tin foil in oven.
- Garnish with basil as desired.
To quickly soak your cashews, place cashews in small bowl with boiling water for 15 minutes. You will probably have some extra sauce left over so feel free to use it for veggie dip, chip dip or on a sandwich!
Keywords: vegan casseroles, vegan pasta bake, high protein vegan bake