These holiday sprinkle cookies are so easy to make, vegan, paleo and gluten free! They can be whipped up in under 20 minutes and make for a healthy festive holiday dessert!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup sprinkles, depending on the size of the sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, except the sprinkles. Mix throughly.
- Roll a piece of the dough into a ball, thats about the size of your inner palm. See picture above for details.
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl or plate. Gently take each ball and press lightly onto the sprinkles. Roll the cookie onto the sides to ensure sprinkles on all of the cookie.
- Place each cookie onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, remove the baking sheet from the oven and do not touch the cookies for at least 5-10 minutes, allowing them to cool.
You can substitute honey for maple syrup but the color and consistency of the cookie would change.
You can substitute a different oil for the coconut oil, such as avocado, canola or vegetable.
This recipe makes roughly 15-16 cookies, double the batch as needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American, Vegan
Keywords: eggless sugar cookies, sprinkle cookies, holiday cookies, paleo sugar cookies