These instant pot chicken tacos are made right in the instant pot and make a great weeknight dinner.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 ounce can of green chilies
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Half of an avocado
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt (plain) or sour cream
- half a lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- 2-4 tbsp water to thin as desired
- 8-10 tortillas (corn or flour is fine)
- Cotija cheese for crumbling on top
- Fresh lime wedges to garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Shredded lettuce
- Place ingredients for chicken inside the instant pot chamber. Mix ingredients together before securing the lid. Set the instant pot on manual, 12 minutes and make sure valve is set to sealing.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine ingredients for avocado crema in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the time is up on the instant pot, turn the valve to venting to release steam. Open the lid and remove the chicken breasts to shred using two forks (or a kitchen aid mixer). Once the chicken is shredded, add it back into the instant pot with the juices.
- To assemble the tacos, start by layering the shredded chicken. Then add shredded lettuce, cotija cheese crumbles and drizzle with avocado crema. Garnish with fresh lime juice and cilantro leaves.
If you want to boost the spice, add a jalapeño.
If you want a charred/smokey taco, I suggest charring your tortilla beforehand over an open flame on the stove as desired above. You can also line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and pour cooked shredded chicken with its ingredients on it to broil for 5-10 minutes. See above for more notes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Entree
- Method: Instant pot/ Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: instant pot chicken tacos, instant pot tacos, instant pot shredded chicken tacos, instant pot chicken taco recipe