These marbled peanut butter brownies are layered with fudgey chocolate and creamy peanut butter. They have a chewy center thanks to almond flour and feel rich without being overly sweet.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (may sub coconut sugar)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk 3 eggs together. Add in softened coconut oil, light brown sugar and mix together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the large bowl with the almond flour and cocoa powder. Mix together and add in chocolate chips to mix throughout.
- Pour the brownie batter in the 8×8 pan and smooth with a spatula or spoon.
- In a separate bowl, add ingredients for peanut butter layer together. Stir to combine.
- Once peanut butter mixture is smooth, drop 4 heaping spoonfuls into the 4 quadrants of the brownie pan/batter. I like to do one in each corner.
- Using an angled spatula or butter knife, swirl the peanut butter mixture into the brownie batter. Feel free to move the angle of your knife or spatula to create different depths with the peanut butter for more marbling.
- Bake at 350F for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick runs clean.
If your coconut oil is solid, place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.
It’s OK if you don’t use all of the peanut butter mixture. I had about a tbsp leftover.
Recipe adapted from The Loopy Whisk & Martha Stewart.
- Category: dessert, gluten free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: marbled brownies, marbled peanut butter brownies, chocolate and peanut butter brownies, marbled brownie recipe