These one sheet pan chicken fajitas with avocado sauce can be made in under 30 minutes and is an easy clean up! Peppers, avocado and low sodium fajita seasoning makes for a heart healthy meal.
Low sodium fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (can use regular)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 large chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup onion, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil, canola or grapeseed)
- 6 Mission organics flour tortillas
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Chop vegetables and place on sheet pan with chicken breasts on one side and vegetables on the other.
- Drizzle vegetables and chicken with avocado oil and sprinkle low sodium fajita seasoning on top. Rub seasoning into chicken and vegetables until coated.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes ( depending on thickness of chicken) or until chicken no longer pink in the middle.
- While the fajitas are cooking, prepare the avocado sauce by combining the ingredients in a blender.
- Once fajitas finish cooking, place 3-4 oz of chicken in a tortilla with vegetables, top with avocado sauce and garnish with lime.
Avocado sauce will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: one sheet pan chicken fajitas, one sheet pan dinners, one sheet pan recipes, heart healthy chicken fajitas