This sheet pan salmon with broccoli is an easy go to weeknight dinner. The flavors of the ginger and orange create a zippy sauce that is delicious on both the salmon and broccoli.
- 1 lb raw salmon (skin on)
- 2 small heads broccoli florets (or other vegetable of choice)
- 2 tbsp EVOO or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated (or 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Garnish: The rest of the sauce, sesame seeds and green onions
- Preheat oven to 425F and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil for easier clean up.
- Place the broccoli florets on one end of the sheet pan and toss with the cooking oil and garlic powder.
- Place the salmon filet, skin side down, on the opposite end of the sheet pan and use a knife to cut the filet into four equal servings. The cut does not have to go through the skin, just the salmon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, orange, orange zest, garlic, ginger and honey.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce for later, set aside. Use the remaining sauce to brush onto the raw salmon filets.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes at 425F.
- Once the salmon has finished cooking, spoon the remaining 1/4 cup of sauce onto the salmon prior to serving and garnish with sesame seeds and diced green onions.
- If you like a more intense orange flavor, cook the salmon with slices of the orange.
- If you are using a 'cutie' orange, juice the whole thing. If you are using a regular size orange, juice half.
- You can substitute another veggie instead of the broccoli. Asparagus and cauliflower have worked well in this recipe.
- If you are gluten free, use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce.
- Category: Dinner, Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: sheet pan salmon dinner, oven baked salmon, orange salmon, salmon and broccoli dinner