This pad thai with peanut sauce is made with brown rice noodles, bean sprouts, pepper and scallions for an added crunch! The peanut sauce is so creamy and delicious, you'll want to double the batch.
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (natural)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil (avocado, EVOO or canola is fine)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (I used dried)
- Add water to thin as desired
- 4 ounces brown rice noodles
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (avocado or EVOO)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, drained
- Garnish: Lime, cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds, crushed peanuts or cashews
- Optional to add 2 scrambled eggs
- Additional protein options: Shrimp, tofu, chickpeas, chicken or beef
- In a large sauce pan, boil rice noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Using a wok or large sauté pan, cook the bell peppers in 2 tbsp of cooking oil until soft and throughly cooked down.
- While the peppers and noodles are cooking, assemble the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add water to thin to achieve desired consistency. When the peanut sauce is warm, it will mix with the noodles better.
- When the noodles are cooked and drained, add them to the large sauté pan with the cooked peppers. Pour in the peanut sauce and add in bean sprouts. Mix to combine.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts/cashews, cilantro, scallions, squeeze of lime and/or sesame seeds.
- Optional to serve with protein: Shrimp, tofu, chickpeas, chicken or beef.
You can find bean sprouts in the international foods aisle (by the rice noodles and soy sauce) in a can.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, stir fry
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: pad thai with peanut sauce, pad thai, stir fry with peanut sauce