These pumpkin pie truffle bites have a creamy middle and a hard outer dark chocolate shell. They are gluten free and can be dairy free and vegan! These pumpkin pie bites make a great dessert for a party and the holidays.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free chocolate if DF + V)
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil
- Garnish: Flaked sea salt
- Combine pumpkin, maple syrup, almond butter and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Add in almond flour and stir until the batter is thick enough to scoop into balls. Let the batter sit for ~3-5 minutes to allow the liquids to absorb. If the batter still isn’t thick enough, add 1-2 tbsp more almond flour.
- Using a cookie scooper, form into small balls and place on a cookie sheet or large plate lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Place in the freezer to harden for 20 minutes.
- While the bites are chilling, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to a minute or until the chocolate chips start to melt. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
- When the twenty minutes is up, remove the bites from the freezer and dip into the chocolate bowl. Roll the bite around until each side is coated. Remove and place back on plate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Chill in freezer for 5 minutes and enjoy!
The bites are good in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. If you freeze them, thaw them out prior to eating.
Keywords: Pumpkin pie bites, pumpkin pie truffle bites, pumpkin pie truffles, pumpkin pie spice desserts, pumpkin truffles