This quinoa lentil salad is a summer blend of fresh vegetables, lentils and cilantro. It is vegan, vegetarian and gluten free! Great for meal prep and easy to transport.
Quinoa Lentil Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (yields 3 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (( ~ 1 whole cucumber) )
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp agave nectar ( or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 Juice of lemon ((~ 2–3 tbsp lemon juice))
- Prepare a pot with 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa on the stove on medium to high. Prepare according to package instructions.
- Prepare another pot for the lentils. Pour 1/2 cup lentils into the pot and fill with water until just above lentils. Turn burner on medium to high heat. Once boiling is reached, turn down to medium-low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- While the quinoa and lentils are cooking, prepare and chop the vegetables and mix ingredients for dressing.
- Once quinoa is cooked and cooled down, combine vegetables, lentils and quinoa in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top and stir to combine.
Let salad chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors to blend and dressing to soak in.
The lentils can also be substituted for garbanzo beans.
- Category: Main Course, Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Quinoa Lentil Salad