These healthy raspberry lemon cookies are a tasty springtime dessert. They are low in sugar and have a soft texture!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 overly ripened banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar (can use coconut sugar)
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raspberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash ripened banana using the back of a fork. Add in melted coconut oil and egg, mix to combine using fork or whisk until smooth. Add in lemon zest, vanilla, sugar and stir until incorporated.
- In a larger bowl, mix in white whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula or wooden spoon. When it’s fully mixed, fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips. Do not overmix – the raspberries are delicate and just need to be folded in the batter a few times.
- Using a small cookie scooper or a tablespoon, scoop out cookies onto sheet pan. Bake at 350 for 16 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before consuming.
If using whole wheat flour, replace 1.25 cup with 1 cup.
Have not tried with frozen raspberries, but my advice would be to make sure they are thawed and dried out before putting them into the batter or else it will be too wet.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry cookies, raspberry lemon cookies, lemon raspberry cookies, raspberry cookie recipe