This roasted harvest grain bowl is great for easy meal prep. It’s high in protein and can be modified to be vegan.
- 3–4 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 4 links of chicken sausage, sliced (I prefer an apple flavor)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry and uncooked
- 1 apple, diced
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- cracked pepper
Garnish: Hemp seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Roast brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and chicken sausage for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, sprinkle walnuts on top and cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a separate bowl or mason jar, whisk together the ingredients for the maple balsamic vinaigrette.
- Once the quinoa and sheet pan food has cooled, combine everything in a large bowl with the diced apples. Drizzle the vinaigrette over it and enjoy!
Make it vegan by omitting the chicken sausage.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Salad
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grain bowl, Grain bowl recipe, harvest grain bowl, healthy meal prep