This strawberry thyme cocktail is made with fresh strawberry simple syrup, lemon juice and a touch of thyme. Make it a lower calorie cocktail by following the directions under the notes sections below the recipe.
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups water, divided
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 lemon, juiced
Handful of thyme sprigs
4 shots of vodka
Extra strawberries for garnish
- Start by making the simple syrup. In a pot over medium high heat, add 1 cup of water and the diced strawberries.
- Once the water and strawberries start to simmer, add the sugar. Stir to combine and turn the heat down to a low simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the syrup sit for 5 minutes and thicken. Once cooled, strain the syrup to remove the cooked strawberries.
- While the syrup is cooling, juice the lemon and mix it with 1 cup of cold water.
- For one drink: Place ice cubes in cup until full, add 1 shot of vodka, 2-3 tablespoons of strawberry syrup and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Stir to combine and place thyme sprig on top.
- Optional garnish with fresh strawberries.
If you wish for carbonation: add lemon juice to carbonated water.
If you want to use a substitute sugar like Truvia or Splenda, it will lower the calories (1 drink=77 calories) and replace the white sugar with the substitute sugar for the syrup. The nutritional panel will look different from the one below.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Drinks, alcohol, cocktail
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vodka drinks, strawberry vodka drink, low calorie vodka drinks, vodka cocktails