These vegetarian enchiladas are filled with plant based protein and are so tasty! They are only 5 ingredients to make which makes them perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 package HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS® Plant Based Ground Unseasoned
- 2, 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce (I like to do one medium and one mild)
- 1, 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (can be certified GF or whole wheat as desired)
- Garnish: Avocado, cilantro, scallions, sour cream/greek yogurt
- Cook Happy Little Plants™ Plant Based ground product in a sauté pan with a little cooking oil. Cook over medium heat, breaking it up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. Heat until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare casserole dish with 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom. Smooth it around using the back of a spoon.
- When the substitute meat product is finished cooking, remove from heat, pour in one cup of enchilada sauce and the 4 ounce can of diced green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Start to assemble the enchiladas by scooping out a heaping 1/3 cup of the substitute meat mixture onto the middle of the tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and roll like an enchilada. Place the fold side down in the casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas until you have no substitute meat mixture left.
- Top the enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Once that time is up, remove lid (or foil) and bake for another 5 minutes. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes prior to serving
- Garnish with diced avocado, cilantro, chopped scallions etc...
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Casseroles
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegetarian enchiladas, vegetarian enchilada recipe