This watermelon feta salad is bursting with flavor from the mint, feta and balsamic reduction. The shrimp makes the salad a filling refreshing summer meal- great for entertaining guests!
- 1 medium watermelon, cubed
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp adobe seasoning
- Remove tails and shell from shrimp and pat dry with paper towel. Transfer to a small bowl and toss shrimp with adobe seasoning.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp cooking oil (I used avocado oil). Place each shrimp onto pan. Let the shrimp cook for 1-2 minutes then flip to cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to small bowl to cool.
- Place half of the cubed watermelon into a serving bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of mint and some crumbled feta then add the remaining watermelon.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and mint onto the watermelon. Place shrimp on top and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
1. To make balsamic reduction: Pour 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Do not let the vinegar boil. Continue to stir at simmering temperature until the vinegar is reduced. The whole process takes about 10 minutes.
2. Remember to look for the yellow spot on the watermelon at the store. Also the heavier the better!
- Category: lunch, dinner, side dish
- Method: Assemble and Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon salad, watermelon feta salad, watermelon feta salad with balsamic