These weeknight burger bowls come together in under 30 minutes and can be made for meal prep throughout the week. This burger bowl is filled with veggies, healthy fats and flavor!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp EVOO or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Optional to add cheese once finished cooking
Burger Bowl Toppings:
- Red onion, sliced thin or pickled
- Pickles, I used bread and butter
- Avocado slices
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Boston Lettuce, torn
- Aioli of choice (see notes)
- Over medium high heat add oil, break apart ground turkey with a wood spatula and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add in mushrooms (if using) and all the spices (garlic powder, onion powder and worcestershire).
- Cook until ground turkey is no longer pink and mushrooms are cooked.
- In a bowl, layer lettuce, topped with ground turkey mixture, avocado slices, pickles, red onions and tomatoes.
- Mix aioli in a bowl and drizzle on top of burger bowl.
- To pickle red onions, put them in a mason jar with vinegar and a pinch of sugar overnight.
- If meal prepping, wait to add the avocado and aioli.
- Roasted Red Pepper Aioli: 3 Tbsp avocado mayo + 1 minced roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- Adobo Aioli: 3 Tbsp avocado Mayo + 1 Adobo pepper or 1T sauce (from a can of adobo peppers)
- Pesto Aioli: 3 Tbsp avocado mayo + 1 Tbsp pesto
- Sun Dried Tomato Aioli: 3 Tbsp avocado mayo+ 2 sun-dried tomatoes, minced (from a jar)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner, lunch
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: burger bowl, weeknight burger bowl, easy burger bowl, burger recipes