This 5 ingredient brussel sprout recipe is the only brussel sprout recipe you need for the holidays.
- 2, 8oz packages of brussel sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2–3 tbsp cooking oil (avocado, EVOO is good)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2–3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar (or white balsamic reduction if you don’t want to make it)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Garnish: Drizzle of honey (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 425F and place baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Prepare the brussel sprouts, removing any stems or dirty leaves.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place them brussel sprouts on it. Drizzle with 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil and season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Cook the brussel sprouts for 15-18 minutes or until the leaves are starting to brown and turn crispy.
- If you did not buy pre-made white balsamic reduction at the store. Begin to make the reduction on the stove while the brussel sprouts are cooking. Pour 1/2 cup fo white balsamic vinegar to a large saucepan and whisk every minute (for about 10 minutes) until it starts to reduce down and become thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the brussel sprouts are finished cooking, place them in a serving dish. Toss in the goat cheese and almonds. Drizzle the white balsamic reduction onto the brussel sprout recipe. Top of freshly chopped basil, garnish with a drizzle of honey (if desired) and serve immediately.
As I stated above, you can find white balsamic reduction in most grocery stores. Omit step 5 if you buy it from the store.
If you cannot find white balsamic vinegar or white balsamic reduction. You can use regular balsamic reduction.
Keywords: brussel sprout, brussel sprouts, brussel sprout recipe, 5 ingredient brussel sprouts, brussel sprouts with goat cheese.