This 5 ingredient brussel sprout recipe is the only brussel sprout recipe you need for the holidays. The brussel sprouts are roasted in the oven until nice and crispy tossed with 4 other ingredients!
I was in the airport on Halloween and I happened to notice a women next to me on Pinterest. Naturally, I continue stalking her because Pinterest is my biggest traffic driver and I'm always curious to see what other people are pinning. Well, she was pinning Thanksgiving recipes! Fear crept up the back of my throat, I hadn't posted any Thanksgiving recipes since last year and people are already pinning and 'practicing' them?! Needless to say, expect to see a few more holiday recipes on here before the end of the year.
I love brussel sprouts. When we are at restaurants, they're usually the first thing on my list. During out recent trip to Denver, we went to this restaurant called Alehouse. They had a rendition of these brussel sprouts on the menu and everyone loved them!
Tips on How to Make Brussel Sprouts Crispy in the Oven
- A high heat oven! Turn that oven up to at least 425F.
- Next, preheat that sheet pan! Before you place the food on the sheet pan, place it in the oven to heat it up a bit. Once the food comes onto the sheet pan it will sizzle a little and start that crispy process a bit early.
- Make sure the brussel sprouts are cut into halves or quarter sized pieces.
- Always want dry brussel sprouts before you add any oil to them.
I like to season the brussels with salt and pepper. You can always throw in a little bit of garlic powder on them too.
- Goat cheese: The creaminess of goat cheese pairs so well with the crispy edges of brussel sprouts. FYI- expecting mamas make sure to get pasteurized goat cheese!
- White balsamic: There is a shortcut with this one. You can either buy a white balsamic reduction at the store (I found some at Meijer) or you can make it on the stovetop, which I will explain how to do in the recipe. You will want to reduce it because regular balsamic vinegar is too pungent and will take over the dish!
- Basil: Freshly chopped basil on top really gives this dish that extra pop of flavor!
- Brussel Sprouts: Don't overcrowd the brussel sprouts on the sheet pan before roasting or else they won't become crispy.
- Sliced Almonds: You can buy sliced almonds at most grocery stores. Chopped almonds would also work!
Looking for some Thanksgiving menu inspiration? Check out my Thanksgiving board on pinterest where I have cultivated some of my favorites!
If you love this 5 ingredient Brussel sprout recipe please leave a comment/rating below! It helps me get noticed in this big interest world!Print
This 5 ingredient brussel sprout recipe is the only brussel sprout recipe you need for the holidays.
- 2, 8oz packages of brussel sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil (avocado, EVOO is good)
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar (or white balsamic reduction if you don't want to make it)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Garnish: Drizzle of honey (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 425F and place baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Prepare the brussel sprouts, removing any stems or dirty leaves.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place them brussel sprouts on it. Drizzle with 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil and season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Cook the brussel sprouts for 15-18 minutes or until the leaves are starting to brown and turn crispy.
- If you did not buy pre-made white balsamic reduction at the store. Begin to make the reduction on the stove while the brussel sprouts are cooking. Pour ½ cup fo white balsamic vinegar to a large saucepan and whisk every minute (for about 10 minutes) until it starts to reduce down and become thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the brussel sprouts are finished cooking, place them in a serving dish. Toss in the goat cheese and almonds. Drizzle the white balsamic reduction onto the brussel sprout recipe. Top of freshly chopped basil, garnish with a drizzle of honey (if desired) and serve immediately.
As I stated above, you can find white balsamic reduction in most grocery stores. Omit step 5 if you buy it from the store.
If you cannot find white balsamic vinegar or white balsamic reduction. You can use regular balsamic reduction.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussel sprout, brussel sprouts, brussel sprout recipe, 5 ingredient brussel sprouts, brussel sprouts with goat cheese.