5-ingredient healthy chocolate peppermint truffles have a doughy center that is coated with a crunchy chocolate shell. A satisfying under 100 calorie healthy holiday dessert.
12 chocolate graham cracker sheets
6 ounces low fat cream cheese
2 tsp pure peppermint extract
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, wax paper or foil and set aside.
- In a food processor, process chocolate graham crackers until fine crumbs remain. In a separate bowl, soften cream cheese in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Add peppermint extract to cream cheese and mix to combine.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint mixture to food processor with processed graham crackers. Process until doughy mixture forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, form dough into balls and place on lined sheet pan. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- While the truffles are in the refrigerator, microwave chocolate chip and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave chocolate on high for 30 seconds, mix then again for another 30 seconds until it becomes a chocolate sauce.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator and dip in chocolate sauce. Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Recommend storing in the refrigerator
- If you cannot find peppermint extract, mint extract will work too.
- 12 graham cracker sheets, is about half a box or 8 ounces.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5-ingredients or less, healthy chocolate peppermint truffles, 5-ingredient healthy chocolate peppermint truffles