These chocolate peppermint truffles have a doughy center that is coated with a crunchy chocolate shell. They're a no bake truffle & contain under 100 calories! It only contains 5 ingredients and is so satisfying!
So before I begin, I want to mention that growing up I was never a mint chocolate chip ice cream fan. I didn't like junior mints and I never wanted the after dinner chocolate mints they give out at restaurants. I think this notion of peppermint dislike was exacerbated in college when I tried Rumple Minze peppermint liquor with chocolate syrup for the first (and last) time. *shiver*
But I have to say, I am ADDICTED to these no bake truffles! The recipe makes 21 truffles, so it's enough for sharing, if you want. I made these chocolate peppermint truffles 3-4 times before I got it right and I'm not mad about it. My co-workers, husband and friends have been reaping the benefits from these bad boys.
Did I mention these chocolate peppermint truffles are healthier than a standard and still satisfying? The nutritional facts are linked below, but I don't think about calories much. I know some of you fine folks like to keep track of that, so I include it. I used Neufchâtel (lower fat than regular) cream cheese to keep the saturated fat low and richness at bay. I enjoy eating a dessert that isn't as rich so I can have multiple!
The 5-ingredients for Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Chocolate graham crackers (about half of a box)
- Low fat cream cheese (I used Neufchâtel)
- Pure peppermint extract
- Coconut oil
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
With each bite, the hard exterior shell breaks and leaves you with a soft, doughy center of chocolate pepperminty goodness. I had a fun time decorating with festive holiday sprinkles. Candy canes would be a great addition, but you have to sprinkle it on right after you dip them into the chocolate sauce or else they will harden.
Safe to say that I will be giving chocolate peppermint another shot next time I leave a restaurant. These 5-ingredient healthy chocolate peppermint truffles have shown me the light.Print
5-ingredient healthy chocolate peppermint truffles have a doughy center that is coated with a crunchy chocolate shell. A satisfying under 100 calorie healthy holiday dessert.
12 chocolate graham cracker sheets
6 ounces low fat cream cheese
2 tsp pure peppermint extract
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, wax paper or foil and set aside.
- In a food processor, process chocolate graham crackers until fine crumbs remain. In a separate bowl, soften cream cheese in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Add peppermint extract to cream cheese and mix to combine.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint mixture to food processor with processed graham crackers. Process until doughy mixture forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, form dough into balls and place on lined sheet pan. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- While the truffles are in the refrigerator, microwave chocolate chip and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave chocolate on high for 30 seconds, mix then again for another 30 seconds until it becomes a chocolate sauce.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator and dip in chocolate sauce. Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Recommend storing in the refrigerator
- If you cannot find peppermint extract, mint extract will work too.
- 12 graham cracker sheets, is about half a box or 8 ounces.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5-ingredients or less, healthy chocolate peppermint truffles, 5-ingredient healthy chocolate peppermint truffles