This almond flour zucchini bead is paleo, low carb and simply delicious! You have the option of adding in chocolate chips for extra richness.
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour (not packed)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed zucchini, shredded (squeezed to remove excess water)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips/chunks (dairy free if needed)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking oil.
- Combine wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, coconut, maple syrup) in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix in shredded zucchini (be sure to squeeze excess water out of zucchini prior to adding). Option to mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- When finished, let cool for 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
See above notes for freezing.
If using flax eggs to replace regular eggs, combine in a separate bowl first to ‘gel’ while preparing other ingredients.
If dairy free, I recommended using dairy free chocolate chips like Enjoy Life brand.
Want to make muffins? Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick runs clear.
- Category: snack, breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread, almond flour zucchini bread, paleo zucchini bread, low carb zucchini bread, coconut flour zucchini bread