This almond flour zucchini bread is paleo, low carb, gluten free and simply delicious! You have the option of adding in chocolate chips too for extra richness.
Every August I get asked if I have any zucchini recipes and what to do with all the zucchini. Last year, I posted these zucchini pumpkin muffins and today I bring you a zucchini bread recipe made with almond flour and a bit of coconut flour too. I like blending the two because it delivers a better texture.
Tips for Using Extra Zucchini
- Sauté it: In the summer we have sautéed zucchini on repeat. It doesn't need much other than some garlic, black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Shred it: If I have massive amount of zucchini I will shred it in my food processor and either use it in fritters, bread or muffins.
- Freeze it: If you shred the zucchini and don't want to use all of it, I always press the water out of it using a dishrag and then freeze it in a ziplock bag.
How to Make Almond Flour Zucchini Bread
- Make sure the shredded zucchini has most of it's water squeezed out. I do this using an old dish towel over the sink. You will need 1 cup packed shredded zucchini. An easy way to shred zucchini is using a food processor with the shredding attachment (comes with most of them) or using a box grater if you don't have a large quantity.
Keep in mind 1 cup packed shredded zucchini (with water squeezed out) = 2-3 small/medium zucchinis. Every zucchini size is different.
- If using flax eggs- make sure to prep first and place in a separate bowl to 'gel' while other ingredients are combined.
- Add all dry ingredients (except chocolate) in a large bowl, mix until combined.
- Add all wet ingredients to a smaller bowl (minus zucchini).
- Combine the wet to dry and stir in zucchini and chocolate chunks. Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F.
The top of the bread will look a little brown but the inside will be dense and moist.
Can this zucchini bread be made into muffins?
Yes, it can be made into muffins. You will need to line 12 muffin tins and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick runs clear.
How to store/Can you freeze it?
I would recommend storing at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container. After 2-3 day on the counter, place in the refrigerator. The bread is pretty moist and will go bad if left sitting at room temperature for days.
Yes, you can freeze this almond flour zucchini bread. In fact, I froze a loaf for my maternity leave! If you want to freeze it, wrap it in clear plastic wrap, then aluminum foil then place in a zip lock bag in the freezer. It is good for 1 year in the freezer.
Can you make it vegan?
I have made this paleo zucchini bread using flaxseed eggs (3 tbsp water + 1 tbsp flaxseed meal). The texture is more crumbly and it doesn't hold up as well. It is still a good option if you have an egg allergy in the household (Sean enjoyed it!) .
Is This Almond Flour Bread Dairy Free?
This zucchini bread can be dairy free by omitting chocolate chips or using dairy free chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks.
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Be sure to check out my other bread recipes!
Don't forget to PIN IT for later!Print
Almond Flour Zucchini Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This almond flour zucchini bead is paleo, low carb and simply delicious! You have the option of adding in chocolate chips for extra richness.
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour (not packed)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup packed zucchini, shredded (squeezed to remove excess water)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips/chunks (dairy free if needed)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking oil.
- Combine wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, coconut, maple syrup) in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix in shredded zucchini (be sure to squeeze excess water out of zucchini prior to adding). Option to mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- When finished, let cool for 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
See above notes for freezing.
If using flax eggs to replace regular eggs, combine in a separate bowl first to 'gel' while preparing other ingredients.
If dairy free, I recommended using dairy free chocolate chips like Enjoy Life brand.
Want to make muffins? Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick runs clear.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: snack, breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread, almond flour zucchini bread, paleo zucchini bread, low carb zucchini bread, coconut flour zucchini bread
Leave a Reply