Apple Cider Chicken Marinade is the perfect way to use up your leftover apple cider. It has the flavors of fall with cinnamon, sage, rosemary and apple. This marinade gives chicken a savory yet sweet flavor.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or EVOO
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp sage, chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip lock bag or bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for later basting. Pour the remaining marinade overtop. If using bowl, cover with wrap.
- Let the chicken marinade in the refridgerator for up to 24 hours. You can marinate it for a shorter time if you want.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the rest.
- Cook the chicken on the stovetop for 7-8 minutes on each side depending on thickness of the chicken. If grilling, place the chicken on medium direct heat and cook for 5 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 10. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 or no longer pink.
- After cooking, baste the chicken with the reserved remaining 1/4 cup of marinade.
Keywords: apple cider chicken, apple cider chicken marinade, chicken marinade, apple cider marinade, apple cider recipes