This healthy lemon blueberry crisp is gluten free and vegan. It serves a crowd and is always a favorite summertime dessert!
- 1 1/4 cup oats, divided
- 1 1/4 cup almonds, divided
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 pints or 4 cups of blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8×8 baking dish, set aside.
- Using a food processor or blender, pulverize 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of almonds until finely ground and place in a large bowl.
- Add cinnamon, salt, cardamom and chia seeds to bowl with ground oats and almonds. Chop remaining 1/4 cup of almonds with a knife and add to dry mixture. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients for the crisp topping – 1 tsp vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil. Once mixed together, add to the large bowl with dry ingredients. Mix to combine and set aside.
- To make the blueberry layer, place the blueberries in a bowl with the cornstarch, lemon zest and maple syrup. Option to smash some blueberries lightly against the bowl using a spatula. Once mixed and the cornstarch is dispersed, add in remaining ingredients of salt and vanilla.
- Pour the blueberry mixture in the 8×8 pan and crumble the crisp topping evenly over top. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of whole rolled oats on top and bake in oven for 25-28 minutes or until crisp turns light brown.
It’s best served with ice cream!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry crisp, healthy crisp, healthy blueberry crisp, gluten free crisp