This blueberry smoothie is creamy and smooth. It has a hint of chocolate and a burst of sweetness from the cherries. It’s a refreshing breakfast option that will leave you feeling full and energized.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (I used Maine, Wild Blueberries)
- 4 frozen cherries, pitted (I used dark and sweet)
- 2 pitted dates
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used a whey blend)
- Optional: 1/2 cup of cauliflower for extra fiber (you can’t even taste it!), hemp seeds, spirulina, collagen powder, granola, etc…
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, pour into a 16 ounce shaker bottle or large mason jar.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries/cherries for this recipe!
If you don’t like dates you can sub 1/2 banana.
- Category: Breakfast, snack, post workout
- Method: Assemble, blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry smoothie, antioxidant smoothie, blueberry cherry smoothie recipe