These buffalo chicken wontons with homemade yogurt blue cheese dip are perfect for tailgate season. By being baked in the oven with minimal ingredients, these are a great healthy alternative.
- 4 large chicken breasts, fully cooked and shredded (about 3–4 cups)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers (I usually use a little over 1/2 the package)
- 1/2 bag of coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrots – found near the bagged lettuce)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooking spray
- 1 batch of this Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with wire cooking rack on top. If you don’t have a wire cooking rack, just coat the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken and buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Place one egg roll wrap on a flat surface so that it looks like a diamond in front of you or a corner is facing your body. Place 2-3 tbsp of buffalo chicken and 1-2 tbsp of coleslaw mixture.
- Using a finger, dip it into the water and gently dampen the outside perimeter of the egg roll. Do not dampen the corner that the buffalo chicken is near. See diagram or video above.
- Gently tuck the corner nearest to you over the chicken and coleslaw and start to roll. As you roll fold the right and then left corners in.
- Repeat until no more chicken remains. Place on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray on both sides. Bake it in the oven at 375F for 15 minutes. Flip them over and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown and crispy.
- While the buffalo chicken wontons are baking, make the blue cheese dipping sauce in a small bowl. Top the sauce with additional blue cheese crumbles and green onions!
You can find the coleslaw mixture next to the bagged lettuce in the grocery store.
If you’ve never bought local blue cheese or fresh blue cheese it’s way better than commercially processed!
If you like it extra cheesy, you could add blue cheese crumbles into the wonton before baking.
- Category: Appetizer, lunch, dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken wontons, appetizer wonton recipes, blue cheese yogurt dip