This buffalo quinoa chicken salad is gluten free, ready in minutes and makes about 5-6 servings ! Great meal to prep on a Sunday for those busy weeknights.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (~ 4 large chicken breasts )
- 1 cup dry quinoa (yields about 3 cups cooked)
- 2 cups corn (or a can of corn, rinsed)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (I used Franks red hot)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Allow quinoa to cool slightly. Then add the chicken, diced onions, corn and blue cheese together in a large bowl.
- Add quinoa and mix in buffalo sauce.
- Top with diced avocado and eat immediately or refrigerate for later use.
As stated above, this recipe is great hot or cold!
Use your KitchenAid or standing mixer to shred chicken! It is such a time saver but make sure to keep an eye on it or else it will turn into chicken pâte !
- Category: Main Course
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
Keywords: Buffalo Quinoa Chicken Salad