This chicken fajita casserole recipe is a great for meal prep. It's gluten free and is made entirely in one dish!
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 Large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-2 tbsp of fajita seasoning mix (or this homemade recipe will work)
- 2 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa (dry/uncooked)
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese for topping
Garnish: sour cream/greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, lime, tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place chicken breast and bell peppers in a 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle fajita seasoning and mix to coat.
- Gently pour chicken broth and quinoa in the casserole dish. Cover with tin foil and bake at 375F for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes is up, stir the contents and place it back in the oven, covered with tin foil for another 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes is up turn off the oven and remove the tin foil and squeeze 1/2 of the lime juice over the casserole. Sprinkle with cheese and place the tin foil back on top of the casserole dish for another 10 minutes, outside of the oven.
- Remove the tin foil and serve with more lime juice, cilantro, greek yogurt, more cheese or tortilla chips.
You can add corn, black beans, green chiles or onions to the casserole if you want. You might have to adjust the liquids if adding beans since they tend to absorb some liquid.
- Category: Dinner, Casserole
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: chicken fajita casserole, chicken fajita casserole recipe, chicken fajita casserole with quinoa, gluten free chicken fajita casserole