These instant pot mashed sweet potatoes are made in the instant pot and are a fool-proof recipe for a go-to holiday side dish.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- water to fill the instant pot
Flavor combinations to add in:
- Butter + cinnamon + thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp orange juice + nutmeg + pecans
- Almond milk + pecans + brown sugar
- Garlic + parmesan + parsley
- Maple syrup + bacon + gruyere
- Cream + Truffle + Chives
- Place the sweet potatoes in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Fill the instant pot with water until just above the sweet potatoes.
- Pour the salt over the sweet potatoes and water.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot and make sure the valve is on sealing. Set a manual timer for 8 minutes. Once the time is up, turn the valve to venting to release steam.
- Drain the water from the cooked sweet potatoes and season with ingredients of choice.
Nutrition is calculated using just sweet potato base.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: side dish, thanksgiving, Christmas
- Method: Pressure cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot mashed sweet potatoes, instant pot sweet potatoes, easy mashed sweet potato recipe