This chicken pasta bake is so easy and makes about 8 servings! This chicken pasta bake is a cozy casserole that is great for those colder winter nights.
- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta (I used penne)
- 2 zucchini, quartered
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 16 ounce jar of pasta sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts (I buy from Costco)
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Garnish: Basil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Boil pasta and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than what the box says)
- Saute zucchini and garlic in 2 tbsp EVOO. Add in the mushrooms once the zucchini starts to cook down. You want the zucchini to be cooked, but not mushy. Drain any excess water from the saute pan and place zucchini and mushrooms in a large casserole dish. Set aside.
- In the same saute pan, place the chicken breasts and about 1.5 cups of the jarred pasta sauce. Cook with a lid for about 5-10 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breast. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to the casserole dish with the vegetables. Pour the remaining jarred pasta sauce over top and stir until everything is mixed.
- Top with a cup and a half of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes covered with a lid or aluminum foil.
- After time is up, remove foil or lid. Top with parmesan cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil!
- Category: Dinner, lunch
- Method: Bake, saute
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy chicken pasta bake, pasta bake, chicken bake, chicken pasta casserole, healthy chicken casserole, pasta bake recipe