These fudgy pumpkin brownies are exactly that, dense on the inside with a gooey middle and a smooth frosting on top to finish.
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (I used light brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk (almond or milk alternative is okay)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, pumpkin, coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and flour together.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until no lumps are present.
- Pour the batter into the greased brownie pan and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until middle runs clear with a toothpick.
- While the brownies are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the frosting in a smaller bowl.
- When the timer is up, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the frosting on top of the brownies and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Baker Mama
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, pumpkin brownie recipe, fudgy pumpkin brownies