These fudgy pumpkin brownies are exactly that, dense on the inside with a gooey middle and a smooth frosting on top to finish. No one will expect that they are surprisingly on the healthy side made without butter or eggs!
Alright you guys, I've tested this recipe out three or four times and I am shameless to say that Sean and I finished each batch within 24 hours of making it😂
When there are leftover brownies in the house, how can you not have one for a snack between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner? LOL.
Anyways, these pumpkin brownies are guilt free being made with Greek Yogurt and canned pumpkin! I mean you shouldn't feel guilty anyways eating desserts but after you've eaten the whole batch in one sitting... the guilt tends to creep in.
These pumpkin brownies are made with cocoa powder, which you can find at any grocery store. I decide to leave out chocolate chips because I thought the frosting on top was decadent enough but if you want to add some chocolate chips into the mix, feel free!
I used 100% pure canned pumpkin for this recipe. The combination with the pumpkin and Greek Yogurt gives the brownies a nice structure without the addition of eggs.
You will only need four ingredients for this chocolate frosting.
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- milk (almond or alternative is fine)
The coconut oil gives the frosting a nice glossy texture that will harden up after the brownies have cooled down.
I would recommend putting the frosting on the brownies about 5-10 minutes after you pull them out of the oven. The brownies will still be warm enough to allow the frosting to be drippy and give you a gooey middle.
Do you refrigerate pumpkin brownies?
I would recommend eating these pumpkin brownies within 1-2 days of making them. If your house is humid or you don't consume them within a couple days of making, I would recommend refrigerating them.
Best consumed at room temperature or slightly heated up in the microwave.
When the frosting starts seeping in to the middle and makes them extra fudgy 😍
Don't forget to PIN IT for later!Print
These fudgy pumpkin brownies are exactly that, dense on the inside with a gooey middle and a smooth frosting on top to finish.
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (I used light brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk (almond or milk alternative is okay)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, pumpkin, coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and flour together.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until no lumps are present.
- Pour the batter into the greased brownie pan and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until middle runs clear with a toothpick.
- While the brownies are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the frosting in a smaller bowl.
- When the timer is up, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the frosting on top of the brownies and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Baker Mama
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, pumpkin brownie recipe, fudgy pumpkin brownies