These funfetti cupcakes are homemade, healthier for you and have a super simple glaze on top! These funfetti cupcakes are made with greek yogurt, but can be modified to be vegan!
- 2 1/2 cups white flour (see substitution below)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk, I used vanilla unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or vegetable, canola, grapeseed, avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sprinkles, these ones
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for a thicker glaze
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a muffin dish with cupcake liners. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix batter using spatula or wooden spoon until no clumps appear. Fold in 1/3 cup of sprinkles.
- Scoop out batter into greased muffin tins until the batter is gone. The recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
- Bake at 375F for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick runs clean.
- Remove from oven. While the cupcakes are cooling, combine ingredients for glaze in a small bowl. Spoon glaze over cooled cupcakes and consume immediately.
If using whole wheat flour, use 2 cups instead of 2.5 cups.
Can substitute 2 flax eggs for the regular eggs. However, know that the muffins will turn out darker and be less sweet.
Can sub dairy free yogurt in place of regular.
Can swap out 1 cup of sugar for 1 cup coconut sugar.
Make sure to use the correct sprinkles so the color won’t bleed – see the above image and link.
For a thicker glaze use more powdered sugar and less milk. For a thinner glaze, use more milk.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Funfetti cupcakes, funfetti cupcake recipe, healthy funfetti cupcakes, funfetti cupcakes with yogurt